Best All-Inclusive Golf Destinations by State
Do you ever feel like you get stuck in the same golf routine, playing at the same one or two golf courses every week? You’ve thought about changing it up but you know that course like the back of your hand, are friendly with the entire staff, and have just about memorized the distance on every hole. Well, I’ve got news for you! There is a whole lot more to play than the same 18 holes at your local course, which is really just hurting your game. If you really want to improve your golf game, you need to take yourself out of your comfort zone and try some new courses! Or, at least use that as an excuse to visit the best all-inclusive golf destinations by state! Whether you are just wanting to get away, have a weekend with friends, check out a new location or are improve your golf game, one of these best all-inclusive golf destinations by state will deliver what you are looking for.
Offering over 15,000 courses and garnering some of the most impressive real estate, the United States is a golfer’s dream. The variety you can find is unlike anywhere else! A land as vast as the United States boasts an enormous diversity of geographical features, including mountains, plains, and coastal zones. The climate ranges from subtropical to arctic and varies both on the location and the season. It’s true, the U.S. really does have it all! Traveling to different parts of the country might feel more like visiting unique countries and each region possesses it’s own unique feel from culture to geography. America offers something for everyone. We want to not only introduce you to the best all-inclusive golf destinations across America that offer amazing outdoor views, but those that give your the whole golf experience both on and off the course!
The good news? Every state in America offers quality golf courses. Depending on what your preferences are, you can find something you like just about anywhere. That said, many of these top popular golf destinations offer packages that include hotel costs and green fees. To inspire you to break away from your normal clubhouse, we have compiled a list of golf resorts that take into consideration the courses (including the views and outdoor experiences, locations, challenge, design and pleasure of playing), coupled with the resort quality (amenities, dining, service experience, activities, etc). We have tried to diversify the list to locales across the country to fit a variety of wants and needs. You won’t regret visiting any of these fantastic places.
So here we go….
The Best All-Inclusive Golf Destinations by State (to Fit Anyone’s Preferences):
– Forest Dunes Golf Club, Roscommon, MI– Looking to do a nice group trip with friends or family that is strictly filled with golf and R&R? This is your place! Offering cottages and villas for groups at reasonable rates, this tranquil setting is situated away from the hustle and bustle is exactly what you need to recharge and appreciate a good game of golf. Set on pristine grounds it offers a truly intricate course (known for its reversible course). Forest Dunes is ranked in the top 25 courses nationally by all major publications!
– Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, W.Va.– This esteemed Blue Ridge Mountain escape welcomes guests from all over the world, and this list has including 26 U.S. Presidents, countless celebrities and members of royalty. Hosting guests since 1778, this course has so much history and is even listed on the National Historic Register. Equipped with five courses to choose from and enough activities to appeal to everyone’s interests (offering bunker tours, bowling, falconry, laser tag, dining, spas and casinos) a group won’t have trouble keeping busy. There is truly no better place to plan a fun golf trip than The Greenbrier!
– Kiawah Island Golf Resort– Host of multiple PGA Championships, Kiawah Island garners much praise for its’ magnificent view of the island’s Atlantic coastline from most of its holes. With second to none service, this club takes quality (both on and off the course) to the next level. This course is a challenge due to wind exposure, but it caters to everyone. The amenities are endless and the beauty is indescribable. You really do need to see it for yourself! Tack on a few extra days and make the 21 miles drive to Charleston to experience a magical city that will make you feel as if you are living in another era, rich with food, culture and history!
– Sea Island– Following the tradition of legendary Scottish links style, Sea Island is surrounded by tidal creeks, dunes, salt marshes and the Atlantic Ocean. It is hard to explain the beauty and serene atmosphere this place has to offer. Picture yourself out on a course that offers expansive fairways under ancient live oaks, alongside lakes, accented by blooming flowers, and topped off with magnificent ocean vistas. If you are interested in improving your game, this is the place to go, offering top of the line golf instructors. For a relaxing getaway, Seaside offers a golf experience that is both challenging and enjoyable.
– Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, FL– Named a top golf resort in Florida by readers of Travel + Leisure, this resort offers two world-class, Greg Norman designed golf courses, luxury amenities, fine dining, a tranquil, country club atmosphere and is just a few miles from it’s private, white sand beaches. Other amenities include: spa, pools, entertainment lounge, interactive environmental children’s program, and wide selection of beach activities.
– The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs Golf Resort– Founded in 1918 and situated at the base of Pikes Peak, the Broadmoor offers much more than golf history. With tricky greens that will test even the very best, this high elevation resort offers three courses and package rates that combine accommodations, meals and course fees. The property is stunning and the surrounding area offers everything from rock climbing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, sightseeing and so much more.
– Pebble Beach– If you haven’t already been to Pebble Beach, it is a must. Numerous championships and tournaments have been played here, and for good reason. Although pricey, 17-Mile Drive in Pebble Beach is an incredible sight to see, boasting coastal cliffs, snow-white beaches, stunning forests and, most importantly, world-renowned golf courses. Rich in history, this course is sure to deliver a high-end golf experience. With several accommodation and course options to choose from, Pebble Beach offers anything you could want from fine dining, events, spas and a multitude of other activities and sightseeing.
– Bandon Dunes Golf Resort– You might think you have landed overseas in Scotland when you play at Bandon Dunes. With five courses to choose from (and possibly more to come soon), the scenery at this remote resort is unparalleled. The various courses are sure to keep you on your toes as the lands change from rugged to hearty forest to breathtaking ocean views, but they are enjoyable to any skill level. If you want pure tranquility, a natural course and a remote location, put Bandon Dunes on your list of “must do’s”!
If you’re wanting to knock things off of your “Places to Visit” list, these 8 golf resorts should give you a good starting point. All of them offer their own unique features but they all have well-designed courses, significant history, and give golf enthusiasts new challenges. So what are you waiting for? Go explore the very best all-inclusive golf destinations by state.